Human Service Associate Direct Care
ELDER ACHIEVERS provides Human Service Associates for a variety of unique situations for persons of any age. This service parallels and augments our Senior Companions and Certified Home Health Aides/CNAs. Service may include, but is not limited to:
- It is important that caregivers plan quality time for themselves and their families. New studies highlight what we knew intuitively. There is a significant negative impact, physical and psychological, of stress upon family based caregivers of all types.
- ELDER ACHIEVERS offers trained knowledgeable direct care associates to provide respite for caregivers of persons of all ages with Developmental Disabilities or Psychiatric Disabilities.
COMPANIONS/COMMUNITY SKILLS PRACTICE & COACHING
- ELDER ACHIEVERS provides trained companions to participate in community-based care for people with developmental disabilities or psychiatric disabilities.
- We know that community focused care needs to be person centered and provided in the context of the person’s overall life. Our Human Service Companions are prepared to be a source of support, a coach, and a guide to accompany and assist clients in the tasks and routines of daily life, while also honoring and fostering the autonomy of the individual.
IMPLEMENTATION OF SPECIFIC or SPECIALIZED TREATMENT PLAN OBJECTIVES
- ELDER ACHIEVERS provides trained associate/companions to implement existing specific or specialized treatment plans under the direction of case managers and/or clinicians, Examples may include desensitization programs for anxiety or OCD, or behavioral patterning to learn new skills.
- We will follow clinician directions precisely and will act as extenders for the clinician. The client benefits from the secondary gain of companionship and support.
UNIQUE TASK SERVICES
- ELDER ACHIEVERS provides trained associate/companions to accomplish specific prescribed tasks not yet executed yet crucial to the client’s well being.
- Examples of this may be as simple as accompaniment of the fearful/avoidant client to medical/dental appointments, but could go so far as assistance with Benefits Applications such as SSI, SSDI, Medicaid or Medicare, including office accompaniment and advocacy.
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANTS
- ELDER ACHIEVERS offers trained associates to provide wheelchair and chair car assistance for people with physical limitations, as well as assistance for people with visual impairments
- Some people with various disabilities only need occasional physical help to augment their own ongoing efforts.